Help to fund childcare…
Children grow and develop more rapidly in their first five years than at any other time in their lives. Good quality early education is a foundation for the whole of their future development.
Children who benefit are more likely to:
- Make good progress at school
- Stay in education longer and gain qualifications
- Be successful in their working life
Free Early Learning for 2 year olds
We are pleased to announce that from May 1st 2014 Mini Me’s Nursery will be able to accept the newly expanded two year old entitlement.
The criteria has been expanded to include ‘families in receipt of Working Tax Credits with an income of less than £16,190’, if you think you meet this criteria or any of the other criteria (please see below) please do not hesitate to fill in an application.
We are very pleased that we are able to pass on this entitlement to the local community, as the council have set a requirement that nurseries need to be OFSTED graded ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ for them to offer the grant. Skylarks Nursery has a ‘good’ grading, so we can accept children entitled to this grant!
What is the eligibility criteria for families?
To qualify for a place, any two year old who meets one or more of the following criteria will be eligible:
- Universal Credit (beneath the income limit)
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The ‘Guaranteed’ element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit and have annual gross earnings of no more than £16,190 per year
- Child receives disability living allowance
If the child is looked after by the Local Authority
Additional Criteria from Sept 2014
- Child has a statement of Special Educational Needs (SEN) or an education, Health and Care Plan
- Child has left care through special guardianship, adoption order or residence order
If the above applies, your child is eligible for the Two year old Free Entitlement Grant at the start of the new term after their second birthday.
Free Early Learning for 3 and 4 year old’s
All three and four year old’s are entitled to 15 hours of free early years education for 38 weeks of the year, this being the Government backed ‘Free Entitlement Grant’.
Your child is eligible for the Free Entitlement Grant at the start of the new term after their third birthday, this applies until they reach compulsory school age (the term following their fifth birthday).
Please speak to a member of our team for more information.